Friday, August 18, 2006

Day 14: Oh, you live here too?

(Pictured: a night view from the roof of my building.)

Wherein my roommates and I not only all meet in the hallway at once, but actually go to dinner together! A pleasant time is had by all.

Well perhaps I could elaborate on this. For the first few days that I lived here, I never even saw my second roommate. In the first week, we were only all home and awake at the same time once, for about ten minutes. So you see, to manage to gather all in one place to properly meet each other was an achievement.

We dithered for a bit, but eventually went to a nice Thai place a few blocks down. It was crowded, noisy, in a posh big city glam kind of way, but we sat at the bar with a bottle of Australian shiraz and the wait was not unpleasant. And lo and behold, the recommendation of roommate1 to wait for a table at the back was well, well worth it. We were ushered into a lovely, quiet courtyard with tall trees and glimpses of dark blue sky between the buildings. The food was delicious and we're no longer quite strangers together - a good accomplishment for an evening.

Today was the day that the full exhaustion of the workweek hit me. The commute can vary between 1h20 and 2 hours, depending on connection timing, but add that on each way to a full workday and well...I was very, very tired. Somehow I didn't manage to get to sleep early though. I'm just good like that.

No comments: