Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Day 4: First day of school!!

Today was the first day of school. Well, work. But somehow it would have felt right to have the nice shiny box of crayons to carry.

The Atomic Squid accompanied me and we discovered that I had to pay my New York City transit dues, i.e. that it took me inexplicably longer to go everywhere than it should have. This has lasted a week, alas, though it may be fixed now *hopefully*. Anyhow, walk, subway, walk, light rail, walk, train, walk, office.

Work.

And reverse it all...

It makes a long day, but is still slightly surreal. I've been here before, on business trips, enough times that it all feels strangely normal. Is this a dream? Am I really here? Where do I belong?

We go to lunch with the old gang. I have a cubicle. The cubicle has my name on it. I have my own set of whiteboard markers! Phew, the crayon equivalent at last. I wish there were chartreuse whiteboard markers.

No comments: